[arch-general] 32-bit glibc package?

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Wed Aug 20 14:35:16 EDT 2008

I use Arch x86_64 - so far without a problem.  But I've found recently
that there's a few AUR packages that I'm unable to compile.  (e.g.,
virtualbox-modules)

Seems like the build needs the /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h file, which
isn't installed on my Arch64 system.  (glibc installs stubs-64.h instead.)

But according to this thread, it appears that many distros work around
this by having a 32-bit glibc package for this purpose:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2007-12/msg00055.html

Does Arch have such a thing?  Didn't look like it from surfing the
packages in the repos (and AUR), but thought I'd ask anyway.

If not, I'm not opposed to writing a new packages for this, but I'm not
sure quite how to build a 32-bit glibc package that doesn't conflict
with the 64-bit one.

Anyone have any advice here?

Thanks,

DR