[arch-general] Should pkgtools be in community?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 17:44:51 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 10:45 PM, Andrea Scarpino <bash.lnx at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/8/25 Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com>:
>> I was talking with some of the other TUs, and they thought that I
>> should not include pkgtools in community, because it's an unofficial
>> tool for archlinux. I wanted to get some arch dev's opinions on this,
>> since I hadn't heard of anything against it before.
>>
>> Please let me know what you think.
> You are the first to include an unofficial package tools in community.
>
> I want to know what TUs think about unofficial package tools
> (pacbuilder, yaourt, aurbuild...): if we can put some of these in
> [community] or not.
>
> For my point pkgtools can be put in community, but I'm for "all or no one".

Besides, I believe one of the many Allan's great plans was to get the
useful scripts from this pkgtools package merged to pacman source
tree, for being able to include them in his pacman-contrib package.
And pacman-contrib is already the official counterpart of pkgtools, so
pacman-contrib fits well in community.