[arch-general] UDEV

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 19:11:31 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Amanai <amanai at freenet.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:27:32 -0700, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Amanai <amanai at freenet.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there no maintaince on udev anymore?
>>>

>> Could you be even more obscure?
>>
>> Are you simply referring to the fact that udev 119 is outdated?
>> Did you at least try the latest version on your system and can confirm it
>> works?
>> And what are the advantages of the latest release?
>> And do you have problems with the current packaged version? If so, which
>> ones?
>>
>> I hope you can answer all these questions, which should have been
>> present in your original mail ...
>>

> I was just wondering, it is outdated and I didn't see any udev release
> updates anymore. That's all.
>
> There is no problem with the latest version, it works. Does Archlinux not
> try to be always up to date, soon us possible?

This is my fault. I grabbed maintainership of udev when Tobias took a
vacation, and real life has hit me like a sack of bricks, so I have
little time these days to do much.

This Wed afternoon I plan on running through all my outdated packages
and updating them. I will make udev a priority.

Cheers,
Aaron