[arch-general] /srv/ vs. /home/httpd/html

Aaron Schaefer aaron at elasticdog.com
Sat Aug 30 10:24:05 EDT 2008

I'd guess it's because that is what is recommended by the FHS:

  http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#SRVDATAFORSERVICESPROVIDEDBYSYSTEM

I kind of like having it separate, and think it makes sense, even
though that's not what I've always been used to. It's definitely a
more consistent and centralized location to store things that are
served by the system.

--
Aaron "ElasticDog" Schaefer