[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Cleaning up the base group

Pierre Chapuis catwell at archlinux.us
Sun Aug 31 07:53:01 EDT 2008

Le Sun, 31 Aug 2008 10:25:00 +0200,
wakeup <wakeup at erehwon.de> a écrit :

> I am a vim user but I do agree that nano is the more convenient way for
> beginners.

Same here.

> Besides that, the version of vim installed with base is compiled with a
> low fetureset and represents a different package than extra/vim, in my
> opinion this is very confusing and unnecessary!

I use vim from base (vi), mostly because their buffers don't behave the same way. With vi I can copy and paste using middle click between my laptop and my server through ssh in urxvt out-of-the-box, with vim I have to change some configuration options.

And anyway, I don't need the extra bloat added by --with-features=big --with-x=yes.

--
catwell