[arch-general] archlinux in vmware server 2 beta in archlinux x86_64 systems

Geoffroy Carrier geoffroy.carrier at koon.fr
Sun Aug 31 12:07:15 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 08:49, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> We're using VMware Server 1.0.x here at work, and Arch didn't have any
> problems installing there,
> so probably it's some regression in 2.0 beta, I guess it may be
> somehow related to CPU that VMware reports.
> What CPU do you have? Is hardware acceleration enabled? And did you
> try some other distro?

Xeon X3350 (4 cores @ 2.66GHz), hardware virtualization enabled.
Specifically:
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good pni monitor
ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr sse4_1 lahf_lm

I didn't try any other distro yet. I'll give debian/fedora a try right now.

--
Geoffroy Carrier