[arch-general] Outdated Wicd

Pyther pyther at pyther.net
Sun Aug 31 18:26:43 EDT 2008

Geoffroy Carrier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 00:05, Christian Babeux
> <christian.babeux at 0x80.ca> wrote:
>
>> It seems that the version of wicd in extra (version 1.4.1) is outdated and
>> has currently no maintainer.
>> The new version (version 1.5.x) is moved from /usr/lib/wicd to respect FHS
>> and add interesting new features.
>> There is also a svn version in the AUR, but I don't think it is stable
>> enough to be in extra.
>> So what are the plans for this package ?
>>
> No idea. I'd be pleased to maintain it in [community] if no dev is
> willing to maintain it.
> I and some of my users love it for laptops.

I have updated the wicd package build, daemon script, and install script.

All the files are now in /usr /etc and /var using standard paths

/usr/bin/wicd-client contains both the tray and gui elements now and
/usr/lib/wicd/daemon.py is the daemon.

I have included the update tar file.

Hopefully Varun (the maintainer) can use this as a base for the new
package. Anyone who wants the new version of wicd can also use this
package. I have the pkgrel set to 0 so that when an official package
comes out pacman will pick it up. This package works on my system, but
of course I can not guarantee it won't blow up your system!

~Pyther