[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Xorg-server 1.5RC6 enters testing

Alessio Bolognino themolok.ml at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 20:18:08 EDT 2008

On Sun 2008-08-31 20:37, Jan de Groot wrote:
> Xorg-server 1.5RC6 (1.4.99.906) enters tesing. This version of
> xorg-server includes input hotplugging using hal, better EXA support and
> less memory usage.
> Note that this version requires an upgrade of all videodrivers.
> All videodrivers shipped with X.Org have been rebuilt to reflect this
> change. Nvidia drivers don't seem to need a rebuild, while AMD's
> catalyst drivers don't support the new X.Org version. Fglrx users should
> not upgrade to this version.
>
> Please give this version of X.Org an extensive test run and report bugs.

OK, this is not a bug report and I have not even tested it yet, but
reading the PKGBUILD I found that for some reason a file (
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/libwfb.so ) is created by the scriptlets; in this
way pacman doesn't know which package owns it. I have to admit it's a
pretty minor annoyance, since it is removed by the post_remove function,
but it seems to me an useless complication. Unless I'm missing
something, you can get rid of the xorg-server.install file and put:

ln -sf libwfb.so.1.4 ${pkgdir}/usr/lib/xorg/modules/libwfb.so

at the end of the PKGBUILD.

Cheers,

--
Alessio (molok) Bolognino