[arch-general] xorg-server 1.5 upgrade screen problem.

Javier Vasquez jevv.cr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 21:25:52 EST 2008

On 11/30/08, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 16:29 -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
>> Also, the server flag:
>>
>> Option "AutoAddDevices" "False"
>>
>> Doesn't help getting this solved...
>
> Input devices have nothing to do with video devices.
> I think it's a conflict between your framebuffer console and xorg which
> causes this problem. Framebuffer consoles and Xorg videodrivers have
> always been a problem here, it's two direct hardware access things
> competing against eachother. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Well, it wasn't a problem before the last update to 1.5.3.  I had the
following uncommented in the device section:

#	Option      "UseFBDev"              "true"

Now that I have commented it out, I still got the problem (of course
after rebooting since I can't restart X).  Moreover, just in case, I
also removed atyfb (modprobe -r, and then startx), and the problem
persists...

So I'm not sure if the problem is a frame buffer one.

--
Javier