[arch-general] remove HWD from extra and wiki!

Thayer Williams thayerw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:56:56 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Amanai <amanai at freenet.de> wrote:
>> I think HWD is full of bugs and several times I was running in some problems
>> with HWD. If you guys can't fix it, don't provide it. Anyway HWD is not
>> maintained anymore.
>>

> Hi,
> have you  you bothered to contact Rasat and ask him about it first?
> People (including me) said the same things about hwd in the past but Rasat
> proved us wrong. It works OK here. If its buggy for youm contact Rasat first
> and tell him to let the developers know about his intentions if he
> actually doesnt
> want to maintain hwd anymore.
> Sidenote: HWD is just a helper. Its not supposed to do all the work for you.

The version of hwd provided by extra works fine for me as well,
however the PKGBUILD currently does not compile.  I only recently
adopted this package, so I haven't had an opportunity to troubleshoot
it yet.  However, if someone finds a bug with the existing version,
please file a report and I will look into it.