[arch-general] pm-utils not working

Sentinel kanocz at intrak.sk
Thu Dec 4 18:35:35 EST 2008

Jan de Groot wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 22:31 +0100, Sentinel wrote:
>
>> Hellou,
>>
>> I tried to look for somebody with a similar problem on the arch forum,
>> but with no success, that is why I'm writing here.
>>
>> After a recent upgrade when a click on the shutdown menu in gnome the
>> hibernate and suspend buttons are no longer present. If I try to suspend
>> or hibernate from console it has no effect. My /var/log/pm-powersave.log
>> and pm-suspend.log are attached to this mail.
>>
>> Any idea what went wrong?
>>

> You will need hal from testing. The policykit package in extra doesn't
> contain hal configuration, as that belongs to the hal package.

Thank you for your advice. I installed hal from testing. The buttons are
there. But when I try to suspend or hibernate the screen goes blank (as
usually) but after that the gnome screen saver apears and then gnome
prompts me to enter my password (as if I turned my computer on after the
hibernation). After entering the password nothings happens.

Tom