[arch-general] Offer help for our ISO building

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Fri Dec 5 11:24:01 EST 2008

Gerhard Brauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to offer my help to the ISO build and test procedure. I'm
> sure i have the time and skill to help on archiso and installer skripts.
>
> Currently i will look deeper to get the isolinux thing get running as a
> maybe alternative to grub-legacy.
> Also to get the keyboard/font selection and the time zone setting
> better integrated in the installer.
>
> Also if there are concrete things to do feel free to contact me.
>
> Regards
> 	Gerhard "gerbra"

I'm currently working on a totally refactored installation
framework/installer.
It's not an official project yet, but the arch devs agree that it looks
good and Aaron wants to put it on the installcd.
See
http://www.nabble.com/Fifa:-Flexible-Installer-Framework-for-Arch-linux-td20256427.html

Any help is welcome (testing, code review (lots of open TODOS),
conceptual review, ...)
See the AIF packages http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?K=aif
- aif-alpha_0.5 is the least bleeding edge but most stable.
- aif-git should also be stable and more uptodate
- aif-blockdevicerefactor-git is atm very unstable, i'm in the middle of
a big refactor there.

PS: I think the keyboard layout selection should be outside the
installer, because the shorter the command the better.
I prefer to type 'km' in a foreign layout then /arch/setup (yes, even
with tab completion)