[arch-general] Xorg change and intel drivers make me sad.

kasa biuta.jr at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 09:49:15 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 9:35 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> This is unfortunate, I have not yet seen a fix (Jan blamed my hardware,
> shame on you Jan!). You can disable DPMS blanking to work around it.

I found this in Ubuntu patches: it is a patch to mesa (I applied it to
intel-dri) which seems to fix the problem, at least on my notebook
which has 945GM graphics. The fact is, it disables vblank, so there
will be artifacts if you move, for example, the glxgears window. It's
not a problem for me, since I don't use 3D games or similar things.

--
kasa