[arch-general] Keyboard's keymap now changed since evdev upgrade

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Sun Dec 7 10:48:36 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-06 at 18:20 -0400, Will Siddall wrote:
> Right, but I'm not using KDE, I'm using Gnome.  I've tried using an
> Evdev-managed keyboard, and I've tried using a generic pc105... all
> with no luck.  Plus, I've already upgraded to 1.5.3-3.

The same that applies to KDE(mod) also applies to GNOME. You need to
setup your keyboard as evdev managed keyboard when using evdev. Also, if
you're using weird xmodmap things, be sure those things don't set the
model to pc105 anyways, as it will break the keymaps also.

BTW: Is Gmail so braindead that it can't post plaintext to mailinglists?
This HTML is really annoying.