[arch-general] Kernel PKGBUILD proposition: Ease custom kernel compilation.

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Tue Dec 9 13:53:09 EST 2008

On Montag, 8. Dezember 2008 19:50 Nicolas Bigaouette wrote:

+1 for your patch because it will be easier to have own kernel packages with
it. Great work and nice idea.

> Thats another story... I agree that the PKGBUILD is huge. There is probably
> a reason for that. It is true it is not the easiest one to read. Maybe
> another bug report?

Here i must give a -1 because first the only one who need to understand what
happens is the kernel maintainer and second i must say instead i'm not a dev
the PKGBUILD of the kernel26 package is from my view understandable enough.

I think there is even room to write some things in another way because you can
use this

pkgname=kernel26-eee
_kernelname=${pkgname:8}

or this

_modname=eee
pkgname=kernel26-${_modname}

which is what i use in my own kernel package (in the lines later is use
${_modname} nearly in the same way as you). But before you missunderstood me
i'm more joking than starting a serious discussion about that there be such
different ways to do nearly the same.-)

See you, Attila