[arch-general] arch release schedule

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Fri Dec 12 05:22:20 EST 2008

Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 11 Dezember 2008 schrieb Grigorios Bouzakis:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Christopher Daley <crdaley at gmail.com>
>>
> wrote:
>
>>> I know there are new archboot isos up for testing on the mirrors.  Maybe
>>> you could work on getting AIF integrated with that?
>>>
>>> ftp://locke.suu.edu/linux/dist/archlinux/iso/archboot/2008.12/
>>>
>> I would say no since this is not the official installation ISO. Its
>> just tpowa's project.
>> Archlinux in the 2.5 years i have been using it never had a release
>> schedule. It will be ready when its ready. AFAIK only phrakture is working
>> on it.
>>
>> Greg
>>
> It doesn't include it yet, because the focus on those files was to eleminate
> bugs reported from 10.2008 archboot files and to push out a new archboot
> tarball, with the overworked build scripts.
>
> greetings
> tpowa

Aif doesn't help that goal indeed, but it doesn't conflict with it
either (there's a package in aur which installs alongside the other
installer and doesn't conflict with it)

The real reason is probably that you want to have a good look at the
code before integrating it, which is a reason I can sympathize with.

Dieter