[arch-general] wrong file permissions in /var/lib/pacman/local

Hubert Grzeskowiak arch-general-ml at nemesis13.de
Fri Dec 12 17:03:20 EST 2008

Aaron Griffin schrieb:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Hubert Grzeskowiak
> <arch-general-ml at nemesis13.de> wrote:
>> Hubert Grzeskowiak schrieb:

>>> ok. gonna change it before updating the next time
>>>
>> upgraded as root with umask 0022 and it's all okay.
>
> That's so weird... so pacman's umask setting just doesn't work?

either that or it's sudo. i've only tested it with the default umask so
far and without sudo. if the bug would appear there, it would be easy to
say that it's pacman setting his own strange permissions.

i think, we need a few more tests for a precise statement:
-sudo pacman with non-default umask
-su/root pacman with non-default umask
sry that i don't make it myself, but i'm currently kinda out of time
unfortunately.

cya
H.G.