[arch-general] wrong file permissions in /var/lib/pacman/local

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Fri Dec 12 17:37:01 EST 2008

On Donnerstag, 11. Dezember 2008 22:55 Hubert Grzeskowiak wrote:

> i don't use su - call me paranoid, but i think it's too dangerous and in
> this case even the smallest danger is unnecessary

No problem to be paranoid because it could helps. I have the same problem with
sudo.-)

> i'm not sure what sudo -i makes in detail, but would it solve this problem?

"sudo -i" simulate initial login. See better the man page of sudo because the
english there is very much better than mine.

Personally i prefer to use this both solutions for a "real root login" because
root and my user have a different umask.

See you, Attila