[arch-general] bug in pacman? or something else?

Sentinel kanocz at intrak.sk
Sat Dec 13 10:35:49 EST 2008

Hello,

Is this a bug, or pacman can not correctly figure out the version of
heimdal? Or maybe I am missing something...?

I installed wireshark but with a workaround. I edited the PKGBUILD end
deleted the heimdal dependency. As I have the correct version of heimdal
installed it was built successfully (that is why the output below wants
to reinstall wireshark). Bud I don't think this workaround is realy KISS.

root at sentinel:/home/sentinel# pacman -S wireshark
warning: wireshark-1.0.4-3 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
error: cannot resolve "heimdal>=1.2.1", a dependency of "wireshark"
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: wireshark: requires heimdal>=1.2.1
root at sentinel:/home/sentinel# pacman -Q heimdal
heimdal 1.2-2

Tom