[arch-general] Dovecot imap processes pinning CPU

Paul Ezvan paul at ezvan.fr
Sat Dec 13 11:57:17 EST 2008

Le Saturday 13 December 2008 15:58:16 David Rosenstrauch, vous avez écrit :
> Andreas Radke wrote:
> > looks ok here using 2 claws-mail clients. maybe it's indeed Thunderbird.
>
> Not sure what's going on, but apparently I'm not the only person seeing
> this.  A bunch of other people have seen the same thing.  The dovecot
> guys are speculating that it's something in the kernel.  There's a
> thread going on this, if anyone's interested:
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2008-December/035662.html
>
> DR

Are you running thunderbird on the same machine which runs dovecot ? I tried
to reproduce the bug whith my remote server using dovecot. But when I close
thunderbird, the problem occurs on my local machine (kaddressbook takes 100%
of the cpu and is not killed by kill -9), and everything is ok on the server.
Very strange isn't it ?