[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.2.1-2, pacman-mirrorlist

Pierre Chapuis catwell at archlinux.us
Sun Dec 14 06:01:29 EST 2008

Le Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:03:03 +0200,
"Grigorios Bouzakis" <grbzks at gmail.com> a écrit :

> May i ask why pacman requires pacman-mirrorlist and not the other way
> around? Pacman can operate without a mirrorlist. Pacman-mirrorlist can
> not operate without pacman..

Agreed, but I think a lot of users would forget to install if it weren't a dep. of pacman. Maybe pacman should be renamed something like pacman-core and both of them added to a "pacman" group?

Also, I don't like the fact that the new mirrorlist is installed in place of the user's. I think most people edit their mirrorlist, and they don't want to redo it every time. A .pacnew file would probably be a better idea.

--
catwell