[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.2.1-2, pacman-mirrorlist

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 02:31:34 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 09:18, Hubert Grzeskowiak
> <arch-general-ml at nemesis13.de> wrote:
>> i like the idea. what would be the disadvantages, Daenyth?
> I just think it's very ugly "solution". IMO, the current behavior is
> fine. Keep it elegant.

I agree... Dan made this split to make things easy. Renaming the
package and adding a group or a metapackage is not easy and obvious.

While pacman may run fine without a mirrorlist, the pacman shipped
with ArchLinux does not, by default. The hard dep makes complete
sense. I imagine Dan feels similar.

Anyone is welcome to rebuild pacman via abs if they feel that the
defaults we ship are inappropriate