[arch-general] Access arch-general ML archive before November 2007

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 19:06:06 EST 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 1:43 AM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a place were tha arch-general (at the time simply arch)
>> ML archive is available before November 2007?
>> I wanted to access it but realised it isnt available. I guess the name
>> change had much to do
>> with it, but i dont believe the previous years are lost.
>
> Won't gmane have this info? I think we used to have it, but perhaps it
> got lost in the backup when we did the server move

Oh right, it does. It goes back to April 2004.
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.linux.arch.general/month=20040401
Is that when Archlinux started having a ML ?
TBH i dont like the Gmane interface at all for reading mailing lists.
Its confusing.
Akthough i havent tried reading it with an NNTP client.
Mailman is much tolerable & im much more used to it.
NetBSD's archive which is far better than Gmane's goes back to March 2006
http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=arch-general

Greg