[arch-general] scons "update"

Alessandro Doro ordo.ad at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 08:35:29 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 06:48:22PM +0000, Jon Kristian Nilsen wrote:
> scons 1.1.0-1 was broken for me, so i filed a report on it.
> Still haven't heard anything. As far as I can tell, it has issues with
> python. In reality, this should have been fixed along with the python
> upgrade.

About FS#12076. I regularly use scons to build blender without issues.
Well, now that we have reverted to 1.1.0 I only see two deprecation
warnings. I don't know if there are other problems.
Anyway 1.2.0 is to be released soon.

$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/SCons/Platform/posix.py:38:
DeprecationWarning: The popen2 module is deprecated.  Use the subprocess
module.
  import popen2
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/SCons/Tool/msvs.py:37:
DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead

bye