[arch-general] A good CPU Load/Memory/Network Activity Monitor in KDE

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Dec 28 13:19:28 EST 2008

On Sunday 28 December 2008 17:46, Leonid Grinberg wrote:
> Hi Nigel,
>
> > Unless you particularly want a KDE app, you could always install gkrellm.
> > I've used it for a long time, and it's very user configerable.
>
> Thanks a lot! That is very close to what I'm looking for, but is there
> any way to have it act as a widget in the panel?
>
> --
> Leonid

Hi Leonid.

I somehow doubt it, as it's not a KDE app, but I could well be wrong. I've
always had it up on the desktop, on all my distros. I have a whole bunch of
distros on my 3 machines, and use static IP addresses for them. There is a
nice plugin "gkrellmip", that displays the IP address of the current OS that
is booted up, so I find it quite usefull when wanting to transfer files via
FTP, or want to SSH into a machine, as the IP addresses of all the machines
are displayed on the desktop.

Of course, it shows up in the panel, as all open desktop apps do, and you can
obviously minimise it out of the way, but I'm sure that, that's not really
what you're looking for.

All the best.

Nigel.