[arch-general] Problem Reporting Question

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Fri Feb 1 09:55:27 EST 2008

Fellow Arch Enthusiasts,

I noticed a problem with the ruby-python package in aur/community and
added a comment to it.  But, then I started wondering if I should have
have flagged it as out of date or filed a bug instead.  So, I thought I'd
ask for future reference.

The package isn't exactly out of date.  It's built against the current
version of the available sources according to the project's web site,
although the sources don't appear to have been updated since 2005.  The
postgres.so library file included in the ruby-postgres binary package is
linked against libpq.so.4.  The current postgresql-libs package contains
libpq.so.5, so the package just needs to be rebuilt to link against the
current libs.  Also, I got an error trying to download the source tarball
from the source URL in the PKGBUILD file.  The source tarball is available
via the package's main website.

Does Arch have a utility similar to Gentoo's revdep-rebuild utility that
scans all the libraries/binaries on the system for missing dependencies?

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX