[arch-general] gcc-gcj, webplugin and java.security package

Ondřej Kučera ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz
Sat Feb 2 08:19:34 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to make a certain applet (which is inside an internal
company information system so unfortunately I can't provide a link)
working on x86_64. I tried libgcjwebplugin from gcc-gcj and it starts
(and the applet doesn't work):
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0/jre/lib/security/cacerts
(No such file or directory)

I think that this is quite weird, I thought that there would be a
problem that the applet uses some Java features that aren't yet
implemented in gcj/gnu classpath, but this seems to say that it just
looks for some certificates in a really strange place - which could be
a bug of gcj or a bug in the way how it's packaged in ArchLinux, I have
no idea what is the case here. But anyway if I do "pacman -Ql gcc-gcj"
the paths look very different from this one. If i try "locate cacerts" I
get /opt/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts which of course belongs to jre
package.

So, does anyone have a clue if this might have some solution? I also
attached the whole stacktrace if that could help.

--
Cheers,
Ondřej