[arch-general] mozilla /usr move

Grigorios Bouzakis grbzks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 17:32:48 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 03:14:25PM -0500, Travis Willard wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2008 5:10 PM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 08:26:09PM +0100, Jan de Groot wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I've cleaned up testing a bit:
> > > - moved xulrunner/seamonkey/firefox and friends to extra. This is part
> > > of the /usr move
> >
> > Any idea why an /opt/mozilla/lib directory is still created by one of
> > those packages? It doesnt seem to be part of any of these filelists.
> > I wanted to ask this when the packages were still in testing but totally
> > forgot to.
>
> Is it just the empty dir - ie no files inside?  It may be inefficient,
> but pacman -Ql | grep /opt/mozilla/lib will see if any packages create
> it (since I don't think you can do -Qo on a dir)

It was just the directory otherwise it would be easy to find out with
-Qo. Its been like 10 days i have removed the directory and the path
may be a bit deifferent, not sure 100%. And by the way it was a fresh
install on my reborn 2nd Archlinux installation. I have firefox &
flashplugin only installed so its probably one of them creating it later
for some reason when run.
People updating now, and not only, should be able to verify this.

Greg