[arch-general] Jacman. Problem installing packages (don't panic)

Stefano Esposito ragnarok at email.it
Fri Feb 8 05:11:25 EST 2008

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 19:31:18 +0100
Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Stefano Esposito wrote:
> > On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:18:24 +0100
> > solsTiCe d'Hiver<solstice.dhiver at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >
> >> hi.
> >> what do you mean by that ?
> >>
> >> i wonder why after pacman is finally splitted into two with a
> >> library like libalpm, we do not see more GUI popping up...
> >>
> >> i have tried to use libalpm just to see; it's not easy but i am a
> >> newbie at programming in C. anyone ?
> >>

> > I'm trying to write a python binding to be used in the next future
> > of gtkpacman. By now i've implemented just alpm_db* (with a Database
> > class), alpm_pkg* (with a Package class) and alpm_option* (with an
> > Alpm class). If anyone wants to take a look it's on berlios.de,
> > project pyalpm (you'll need pyrex to compile the module). Of course
> > is totally not documented :). Any help in the project would be very
> > appreciated, so if anyone is intersted feel free to contact me ;)
> >

> Hm, do we have 2 pyalpm now?
> http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/pyalpm/trunk/
> http://svn.archlinux-projects.org/repos/pyalpm/trunk/src/

Well... I think I'll contribute to that on archlinux-projects and drop
mine bindings :) Is the project still active? And who's the author (i'm
not able to find (s)he on archlinux-projects.org :))

 Sponsor:
 New Giorno e Notte Plus: ordina il prodotto dimagrante n° 1 in Italia
*
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=7109&d=8-2