[arch-general] X11 man pages

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 18:45:16 EST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 5:35 PM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/2/9, Jan de Groot <jan at jgc.homeip.net>:
> > No, not the crappy /usr/X11R6 prefix again. FHS or not, the manpages
> > don't belong in a directory where the rest isn't installed. Even Debian,
> > the most FHS-compliant distro I know, isn't installing X11 packages
> > in /usr/X11R6 anymore.
>
> +1!
> /usr/X11R6 must die! :-P

I will be pissed off if you put this stupid worthless directory back
on my machine. Are we in the 1980s again? This would go against any
removal of things such as installs in /opt/ that we have been working
so hard to fix.

This is even more retarded because we run X11R7 for that matter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System#Release_history

-Dan