[arch-general] monospace fontsize changed in firefox

Petar Bogdanovic list+2007 at smokva.net
Thu Feb 14 09:04:37 EST 2008

Hi,

during the past few weeks there were xserver and firefox updates and it
seems that they have made firefox render some monospace-fonts slightly
bigger.

The following image displays a part of a board which has not been
modified for years:

	Mirror 1: http://i30.tinypic.com/vg6e0h.png
	Mirror 2: http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1708/monobt7.png

CSS-definition for the displayed text (before _and_ after change `x'):

	font: normal 13px monospace;

I tried to display the page with a new firefox-profile (rm -rf .mozilla)
but it looked the same.

Thanks,

Petar

BTW:
	I don't have a clue about the font-family used in the example
	since xfontsel is still a total mystery to me. However, I do
	know that `monospace' is just something like an alias and not a
	real font.