[arch-general] monospace fontsize changed in firefox

Petar Bogdanovic list+2007 at smokva.net
Fri Feb 15 06:38:26 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 10:13:04PM +0200, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> 2008/2/14, Petar Bogdanovic <list+2007 at smokva.net>:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  during the past few weeks there were xserver and firefox updates and it
> >  seems that they have made firefox render some monospace-fonts slightly
> >  bigger.
> >
> >  The following image displays a part of a board which has not been
> >  modified for years:
> >
> >         Mirror 1: http://i30.tinypic.com/vg6e0h.png
> >         Mirror 2: http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1708/monobt7.png
> >

> >  CSS-definition for the displayed text (before _and_ after change `x'):
> >
> >         font: normal 13px monospace;
> >

> >  I tried to display the page with a new firefox-profile (rm -rf .mozilla)
> >  but it looked the same.
>
> Could that be because of some font updated and font list order changed? *shrug*

I just realized that I had bitstream-vera and dejavu fonts installed. I
removed them both and did some tests with older versions of ttf-dejavu.
Nothing changed but since no other page than the mentioned board is
affected this issue simply can't be that important.

At least I removed one redundand font (ttf-bitstream-vera). :)

Thanks for your help anyway!

Petar