[arch-general] problem with fakeroot

Karolina Lindqvist karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se
Mon Feb 18 04:23:18 EST 2008

When building kdelibs, I always get the following error:

../../kdoctools/meinproc --srcdir=../../kdoctools --check --cache
index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libfakeroot.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded:
ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libfakeroot.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded:
ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libfakeroot.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded:
ignored.

The make appears not to be able to be done with fakeroot, but as far as I
understand, makepkg always does that.

The solution is to build as root. Is there any other way to avoid this?