[arch-general] should ecj say like this

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Thu Jan 3 12:58:00 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 14:46 +0100, Karolina Lindqvist wrote:
> Look at this:
> $ ecj
> Unrecognized option : /usr/share/java/libgcj-4.2.jar
>
> I am not able to get any other respone from ecj, as intalled from the binary
> i686 distribution. Does it say the same for everone else? Is it supposed to
> say this?
>
> Karolina

Either install java-gcj-compat that provides the rt.jar symlink, or
change /usr/bin/ecj to use libgcj-4.2.jar on line 6 instead of the
wildcard.

I've seen this bug also when trying to build the new version of
eclipse-ecj. This wildcard was used since we had versioned libgcj
jarfiles, nowadays we also have the libgcj-4.2.jar symlink.