[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [extra signoff] nvidia/nvidia-utils 169.07

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 8 04:54:56 EST 2008

Jesse Young schrieb:
> everything looks fine on i686, except for this error on upgrade,
> I don't know how pacman lost track of it, unless I was installinng
> my own nvidia* a long time ago.
> nvidia-utils: /usr/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1 exists in filesystem

This is a symlink that was created by ldconfig locally on your system as
it was missing in the package in the past. I don't know how to work
around this problem, as file-conflicts are checked before I have a
chance to delete it, I guess everyone has to -Sf the package.

> lspci:
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200] (rev a1)

Thanks, that is the one I could have tested as well.