[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [extra signoff] nvidia/nvidia-utils 169.07

Varun Acharya ganja.guru.x64 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 07:34:04 EST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 5:35 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> This file is not contained in the nvidia-utils package, which means you
> previously used the nvidia installer to install the driver.

I've been using the arch package without any problems for a while now, and
didn't have any problems while upgrading previously. Anyways, I cleared the
old files and re ran the upgrade, and it works fine now.

A small side note..fps values in glxgears seem to have taken a hit..
previously I was getting ~ 15500fps, now with the new drivers I get ~
14000fps

See http://pastebin.archlinux.org/23421

If this fps drop is expected behavior (since glxgears is not a true index of
performance), then a signoff for x86_64 from me.

Nvidia 7800 GTX for me btw.

Varun