[arch-general] question about vlc package

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Fri Jan 18 10:36:28 EST 2008

Today I needed to look at a video stream (with firefox) that required
the vlc mozilla plugin. So I installed the vlc package but was surprised
that it does not provide the plugin. The latter is in AUR/unsupported
(as vlc-plugin) and requires building the whole beast just to have that
one little .so file. Being a TU I could move vlc-plugin to community,
but I first wanted to ask whether there is any compelling reason for not
providing it with the vlc package in the first place?

Thanks,