[arch-general] KDE4 Anyone?

Federico Manganelli ml at deprecated.it
Sun Jan 20 16:03:49 EST 2008

Il Saturday 19 January 2008 21:52:04 Rodrigo Coacci ha scritto:
> So have anyone got up and running with KDE4 on Arch? I know about kdemod
> testing, but they miss some dependencies (tapioca-qt, strigi...), so to do
> those by hand i'd prefer to do all myself :-P
> Also, any ideas on when we'll get KDE4 on extra or even testing?

I use kde4 for my box for two month as my desktop and I'm quite happy with it
I like to see changes and improvement come up day by day, it's very
interesting , and I do my works as well.
 I build it from source from svn using kdesvn-build , a great tool you can
find here
http://kdesvn-build.kde.org/
It's very simple to configure and It will build every kde module you need
installing it where you want. My kde4 installation is in /opt/kde4
and don't mess with pacman database since it's not packaged. :-)
Since the stuff is all there if I want to remove it I simply delete that
folder and start again.
So , tweak your .kdesvn-buildrc as you want , build with
kdesvn-build --debug kdesupport kdelibs kdepimlibs kdebase
set up a correct environment for the user (better with a script in
/etc/profile.d) and you're done with your kde4 experience.
cheers