[arch-general] KDE4 Anyone?

Federico Manganelli ml at deprecated.it
Mon Jan 21 04:25:57 EST 2008

Il Monday 21 January 2008 02:27:27 Mark Constable ha scritto:
> On Monday 21 January 2008 10:58:25 Rodrigo Coacci wrote:
> > >  I build it from source from svn using kdesvn-build,
> > >  a great tool you can find here
> > > http://kdesvn-build.kde.org/
> > > It's very simple to configure and It will build every
> > > kde module you need installing it where you want. My
> > > kde4 installation is in /opt/kde4
> >
> > Interesting. I'll try it if I get some spare time.
>
> I just tried it and am now stuck at this point and no amount
> of googling is getting me a solution. I'm not soliciting any
> suggestions, wrong list for that, just pointing out it may
> not be such an easy path after all.
>
>  The QtDBus module cannot be enabled because libdbus-1
>  version 0.62 was not found. Turn on verbose messaging (-v)
>  to /home/laptop/Desktop/Devel/kdesvn/qt-copy/configure.new
>  to see the final report.

I had never built qt-copy with kdesvn-build, I commented it out in the config
and stay with default qt (4.3.3 now in extra) arch package. Never had
problems.
I've also kdemod qt package installed but they don't interfere if you set the
right environment.
I do source of this file after text login (no kdm here):
http://pastebin.ca/867293
to set the environment , then simply startx (pointing your .xinitrc to
startkde)
I hope this will help someone else :-)
cheers