[arch-general] Does pacman support "noarch" now?

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Wed Jan 23 02:46:28 EST 2008

On 23 Jan 2008 16:45, Attila wrote:
> > All fonts do not need a "i686" or "x86_64" option but in my memory
> > pacman doesn't support noarch, which makes PKGBUILDs for fonts unable to
> > compile without a unnecessary line.
>
> The NEWS link from http://www.archlinux.org/pacman says:
>
> - arch=('any') support (FS#8153)

It's mentioned in the NEWS file and that bug report is very
brief so where might the information be on how to actually
implement the use of arch=('any') ?

The one thing I can glean is that any 'any' packages will
be added to all arch databases rather than have a separate
directory tree for 'any' arch packages with it's own DB.

--markc