[arch-general] Java applets in Arch64

Ondřej Kučera ondrej.kucera at centrum.cz
Thu Jan 24 17:46:02 EST 2008

Hello,

I need to be able to use java applets on my Arch64 box. From what I
found on the wiki (http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch64_FAQ) it
should work out of the box in Konqueror but unfortunately it isn't the
case for me.

I tried the following two pages containing applets, neither seems to
work.
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/deployment/applet/getStarted.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/

I do have the java packages (both jre and jdk), I have java enabled in
Konqueror, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do something else.

Truth to be told the best solution would be to have applets working in
Firefox since since I need them working in an intranet web application
that is not exactly 100% compatible with Konqueror, I'm afraid. Is there
a working solution for Firefox?

--
Cheers,
Ondřej