[arch-general] Searching reference server for mirror checking

eliott eliott at cactuswax.net
Mon Jan 28 01:41:33 EST 2008

On 1/27/08, Gerhard Brauer <gerhard.brauer at web.de> wrote:
> Gruesse!
> * eliott <eliott at cactuswax.net> schrieb am [27.01.08 23:22]:
> > On 1/27/08, Gerhard Brauer <gerhard.brauer at web.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > So is there a server (ftp or http) from where i could get the mtime,
> > > size and the repository db file as a reference?
> >
> > no. there is not a publicly accessible location of the repo db file
> > other than mirror servers.
> > ftp.archlinux.org is the best candidate. the two servers (round robin
> > dns for ftp.archlinux.org) synchronize approximately every hour.
>
> Thank you. Then i must see if there are realy so many mirrors out of
> sync or if i have beasty little things in my script ;-)
> Maybe something with the UTC times on the mirrors...

could be.

When viewing with command line ftp i get..
ftp> modtime core.db.tar.gz
core.db.tar.gz  01/27/2008 22:03:55 GMT

apache shows me the following when viewing in firefox
File: core.db.tar.gz  	24 KB  	27/01/08  	10:03:00 PM

So while the ftp says "GMT", it is really PST, as the times are very
close, and it is clearly within the 10PM house where I am (PST
timezone).

Not sure why the time is being reported as GMT in ftp.