[arch-general] New User(sort of) and a packaging question

Colin Pitrat colin.pitrat at amadeus.com
Mon Jan 28 11:56:38 EST 2008

Hi,

You should also try to run namcap on the resulting package and not only on
the PKGBUILD ;-)

Regards,
Colin Pitrat

Kevin Monceaux <Kevin at RawFedDogs.net>
Arch General User Mailing List <Arch-General at ArchLinux.org>
cc

Subject
[arch-general] New User(sort of) and a packaging question

Kevin Monceaux <Kevin at RawFedDogs.net>
Please respond to : General Discusson about Arch Linux
<arch-general at archlinux.org>
Sent by: arch-general-bounces at archlinux.org
28/01/2008 17:46

Fellow Arch Enthusiasts,

I discovered Arch about a year ago, and loved it.  I played around with it

under VMware for a while, and even created a couple of packages for
myself.  At the time my hard drive really needed some
reorganization/repartitioning before switching to another distribution.
But, my DVD burner was acting flaky.  Anyway, one year later with a
second hard drive installed, and with a new DVD burner on order, I've made

the switch to Arch, after trying a few other distros along the way.

I can't find the packages I created back when I first started using Arch.
At some point I ended up deleting the VMware image to free up some space
and neglected to copy the packages.  Anyway, I've created a package for
c3270.  I found an x3270 package but prefer the text console version.  Is
there a utility that can be used to help set the package's dependencies?
I found a few mentions of namcap on the wiki.  I tried it on the package I

created, which I don't currently have any dependencies listed in, and the
only problems it reports are missing maintainer and CVS id tags.  It
mentions nothing about the missing dependencies.  By the way, What does
the name namcap stand for?

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org