[arch-general] Newbie Build xine-lib-1.1.10-1

Allan McRae mcrae_allan at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 17:19:56 EST 2008

JaDa wrote:
> Here is my first Archlinux Package Build for i686
>
> xine-lib-1.1.10-1
> http://files.myopera.com/Jada0007/arch/xine-lib-1.1.10-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz
>
> well I think it is not perfect but someone can check it out too.
>
> Then how will be my tutor for the next few weeks? Teaching me a little
> how to build and work for Archlinux.

Hi JaDa,

They way to get packages reviewed is to post the PKGBUILD.  No-one here
is going to install a binary blob from a non-trusted source
(hopefully...).  For all we know you have a "rm -rf /home/*" type
statement in the .install script.  It is also hard to know how to
improve your packaging if we don't see you methods.

If you want to learn how to package software, take a look at PKGBUILDs
from the official repositories (read up on ABS in the wiki) and use them
as a basis for yours.  There is an official (outdated) xine-lib package
which you can use as a starting point.

Allan