[arch-general] usb keyboard and mouse

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Tue Jul 1 12:00:37 EDT 2008

On Dienstag, 1. Juli 2008 09:06 Sergej Pupykin wrote:

> I try mouse driver too with /dev/input/mice and /dev/input/mouse0 devices
>
> more over with mouse driver I can not open many menus and mouse
> clicking works strange

I see that you don't use "Emulate3Buttons=false". Have you ever tried this?
Perhaps this helps.

> I think I file a bug because some mouses need this driver.

That is true and i don't think it is a problem to have them as moduls.

> Also /proc/bus/usb/devices says that usbmouse is proper driver for this
> mouse

Here is my output:

P:  Vendor=045e ProdID=0047 Rev= 3.00
S:  Manufacturer=Microsoft
S:  Product=Microsoft 5-Button Mouse with IntelliEye(TM)
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=a0 MxPwr=100mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID  ) Sub=01 Prot=02 Driver=usbhid

I don't think that here is so much difference between our mouses but perhaps
your MB don't like the ImPS/2 Protocol.

See you, Attila