[arch-general] usb keyboard and mouse

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Wed Jul 2 14:12:25 EDT 2008

On Mittwoch, 2. Juli 2008 09:30 Sergej Pupykin wrote:

> I already try it. It was a problem. I found that xorg inits mouse
> driver twice (from layout and first mouse for CorePointer), so I can
> not do a single mouse click.

Normaly the CorePointer is the identifier for the device what you want to
have, strange. Hmm, perhaps was my suggestion too much unknowable from me so
i say it with the examples from my xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "WheelMouseUSB"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option      "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
    Option      "Device"   "/dev/input/mice"
    Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "false"
    Option      "Buttons" "5"
    Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection
Section "ServerLayout"
InputDevice "WheelMouseUSB" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Have you make your tests only with your kernel or with the arch kernel too? I
don't know if this modprobe/rmmod usbmouse game could have some sideeffects.

But as is said before this be only thoughts from myself about it and no
suggestions to change your working solution.-)

See you, Attila