[arch-general] /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/resolc.conf.tail

timetrap timetrap at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 13:58:38 EDT 2008

dhcpcd is fine. But this is a patch for dhclient. Which is a totally
different dhcp client.

When I installed wicd, dhclient was a dependency, if you want to use wicd,
you need to use dhclient. If you want to have multiple search domains with
dhclient (through wicd), you need to edit your /etc/resolv.conf and append
those search domains.

Rather than edit by hand, or run an external script. Why not just patch the
dhclient-script?

So yes, something like this SHOULD be unecessairy. But it isn't.