[arch-general] Lyx and texlive don't allow viewing the document as pdf, ps, or dvi

Attila attila at invalid.invalid
Tue Jul 15 01:43:36 EDT 2008

On Dienstag, 15. Juli 2008 03:12 Ravi Desai wrote:

> Does anyone know how I may solve this problem? I could go back to
> tetex, but I'd feel more satisfied with finding a solution to the
> problem, so here I am :) .

I don't know lyx so i can't give you the one and only hint.-)

Control the commands which be behind the buttons and try to run them in a
konsole. I'm a little bit surprised that lyx want to read from /tmp. Could it
be that this is a temporary run command what you use? If you run latex (or
pdflatex) in a konsole the default is that the output will be in the same
directory as the tex files.

See you, Attila