[arch-general] Kernel ext2 driver

Peter Feuerer peter.feuerer at linuX-gamers.net
Sun Mar 2 17:08:49 EST 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 13:59 -0800, eliott wrote:
> This thread is stupid.
> If you want ext2 compiled into the kernel by default.. for goodness
> sake, do it yourself. It would be what.. a two line change in the ABS
> pkgbuild for the kernel?
>
> The original poster said he had a thin client farm using the old
> initrd image, so he has likely diverged from the current kernel
> install enough that he should be using (and testing) his own kernel
> PKGBUILD anyway.
>
> Storm in a teacup.
> /me facepalms

don't be so aggressive... I just asked friendly to add ext2 to the
standard kernel, because that is the only change I need to do, to run my
systems.
And the answer of the arch kernel devs is clear and I do understand
that. So I will build my own kernel with abs, like i did since ext2 was
set to module.

please don't do further discussion on this thread!

ty,
--peter