[arch-general] [x-post] Re: [arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26-2.6.24.3-2

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 09:57:20 EST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
>   could you show me the lsmod output?
>  and did you reboot the pc?

Beginning to understand. When I first updated the kernel the modules
were loaded and I didn't reboot. So, with 2.6.24.3-1 I had to
blacklist snd-rtctimer. With 2.6.24.3-2 no blacklist is needed, and
midi works. So I'd call it an improvement, but I don't know if it's
card-dependent or not. I'm using emu10k1, btw. I don't think you need
it, but you'll find lsmod's output attached to this message.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> maybe it's aliased in modprobe.conf or something like that?

Already answered this one =)

> anyway you say that midi (which uses RTC) is still working with this kernel ;)

Yes, it works better than before, and I have no rtc-related modules
loaded. I think the module that takes care of it is snd-timer.

Corrado